Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Nicolas Gauthier <ga...@azalee.cst.cnes.fr> on 2000/07/20 18:55:57 UTC

Root web-app setting.

Hi,

I have been using Jrun for a while now, and I am excitedly moving on to Tomcat.

I have a little problem which I could not solve looking at the archives.
My problem is the following:

I have configured the docbase in  server.xml to point somewhere (say  ${APP_HOME})

I also use
 <LocationMatch */servlet/*>
     SetHandler jserv-servlet
 </LocationMatch>

to set up the servlet handler.

My application works fine when I put all the classes and servlets under ${TOMCAT_HOME}/classes, but not if I put them under ${APP_HOME}/Web-inf

I can understand this since no Context has been defined for my application: I do NOT want to have to create one.

So the question is, where and how do I set up the base servlets and classes classpath for Tomcat, just as I did set  up the docbase for jsp  in server.xml ??

Thanks for any help on this topic,

Nicolas.