Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Jefferson Davis <jd...@standard.k12.ca.us> on 2009/10/02 18:59:47 UTC

required_score keeps reverting to 5

I have recently updated to 3.2.4 - for some reason my required_score keeps reverting to 5, basically ignoring or everriding the settings in local.cf.

The ruleset 10_default_prefs.cf has these settings, and this is where it appears to come from.  While I have commented out the offending line(s) in this file, my concern is that the next rule update will overwrite my changes and every time it updates I'll have to play whack-a-mole, re-editing the file.

I'm hoping I'm just doing this the wrong way and someone can enlighten me as to the correct method.

Thanks.

--
Jefferson K Davis
Technology and Information Systems Manager

Re: required_score keeps reverting to 5

Posted by Charles Gregory <cg...@hwcn.org>.
On Fri, 2 Oct 2009, Jefferson Davis wrote:
> I have recently updated to 3.2.4 - for some reason my required_score keeps
> reverting to 5, basically ignoring or everriding the settings in local.cf.

Some Linux (presumed) disties have non-standard configuration
directories - but when you manually upgrade, the path to it gets set
back to the package default. Check for existence of:
    /etc/spamassassin/
    /etc/mail/spamassassin/
...etc.

- C