Posted to user@lenya.apache.org by Charles Johnston <cj...@digiquant.com> on 2003/12/08 11:54:55 UTC

Lenya 1.2 release date

>(once we offer it for download, which we will for 1.2)

On your website 1.2 is scheduled for fall 2003. Now that fall has
passed, do you have an updated release date? An easier-to-install Lenya
is something I have long been waiting for!

Charles Johnston

Posted by Tonny Bruckers <to...@impactconsultancy.be>.
Hello Gregor,

thx for the quick response.  We'd like to start from templates which can be
easily adapted in the future by "admins" (preferrable Word, Open office ?).
In these templates we would like to fill out data from a db to generate a
letter or fax.  This letter is added to the cms for further processing.  A
typical scenario would be:

	1) An account manager selects from a list off accounts an account for which
he wants to send a letter	to the accountholder.
	2) The system generates this letter filling out the address and other data
from the accountholder.
	3) After the generation the account manager is allowed to manually adjust
the letter (so it has to be in Word, Open office, or do you have another
suggestion?
	4) After moddification the account manager "sends" the letter in the cms to
his suppervisior who approves the letter or sends it back
	5) if the letter is approved it is send in the cms to a secretary who
prints the letter and sends it to the accountholder.
	6) Finally the secretary letter is stored in the cms with "status send".

Posted by "Gregor J. Rothfuss" <gr...@apache.org>.

Document management

Posted by Tonny Bruckers <to...@javasoft.be>.
Hello,

is Lenya designed to be used as a web content management system (creating
XML/HTML) or is it also easy to use it as a more general document management
system where you can start from templates (i.e. Open Office xml's) which the
system fill's out with database or xml data to gegenerate letters, faxes...
?

Thx,

Tonny Bruckers
Javasoft
Valkerijgang 34
3000 Leuven

Re: Lenya 1.2 release date

Posted by Thor Hovden <th...@met.no>.
Gregor J. Rothfuss wrote:
> Charles Johnston wrote:
>

>>On your website 1.2 is scheduled for fall 2003. Now that fall has
>>passed, do you have an updated release date? An easier-to-install Lenya
>>is something I have long been waiting for!
>

> fingers crossed, you will find lenya 1.2 under your christmas tree.

Space is available under the tree :-)

Thor

Re: Lenya 1.2 release date

Posted by "Gregor J. Rothfuss" <gr...@apache.org>.