Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by stocki <st...@shopgate.com> on 2010/03/02 14:50:53 UTC

get Server Status, TotalDocCount .... PHP !

hello

I use Solr in my cakePHP Framework.

How can i get status information of my solr cores ??

I dont want analyze everytime the responseXML.

do anybody know a nice way to get status messages from solr ?

thx ;) Jonas

Re: get Server Status, TotalDocCount .... PHP !

Posted by Israel Ekpo <is...@gmail.com>.
The last time I tried using SolrPHPClient for this stuff, it did not really
handle the response very well because of the JSON response generated on the
server side.

I am not sure if anything has changed since then.

The JSON code generated could not be parsed properly.

If you do not want to analyze the xml response each time and if you are not
using the pecl extension you will need to send a request manually to the
solr server using CURL and you have to specify the response format as phps

On Tue, Mar 2, 2010 at 9:59 AM, stocki <st...@shopgate.com> wrote:

> Hey-
>
> No i use the SolrPHPClient http://code.google.com/p/solr-php-client/
> i not really want tu use two different php-libs. ^^
>
> what do you mean with unserialize ? XD
>

> Guillaume Rossolini-2 wrote:
> >
> > Hi
> >
> > Have you tried the php_solr extension from PECL?  It has a handy
> > SolrPingResponse class.
> > Or you could just call the CORENAME/admin/ping?wt=phps URL and
> unserialize
> > it.
> >
> > Regards,
> >
> > --
> > I N S T A N T  |  L U X E - 44 rue de Montmorency | 75003 Paris | France
> > Tél. : 01 80 50 52 51 | Mob. : 06 09 96 10 29 | web :
> www.instantluxe.com
> >

> > On Tue, Mar 2, 2010 at 2:50 PM, stocki <st...@shopgate.com> wrote:
> >

> >> hello
> >>
> >> I use Solr in my cakePHP Framework.
> >>
> >> How can i get status information of my solr cores ??
> >>
> >> I dont want analyze everytime the responseXML.
> >>
> >> do anybody know a nice way to get status messages from solr ?
> >>
> >> thx ;) Jonas
> >> --

"Good Enough" is not good enough.
To give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the gift.
Quality First. Measure Twice. Cut Once.
http://www.israelekpo.com/

Re: get Server Status, TotalDocCount .... PHP !

Posted by stocki <st...@shopgate.com>.
Hey-

Posted by Guillaume Rossolini <gu...@instantluxe.com>.
Hi