Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by rafeeq s <ra...@gmail.com> on 2014/06/04 10:15:05 UTC

No partition metadata for topic due to kafka.common.LeaderNotAvailableException

Hi ,

I am using kafka 0.8.1 version and I am getting
*LeaderNotAvailableException * frequently. All brokers are up and running
well.

Note: Recently I have delete a topic. after deleting topic i tried with new
topic but also it giving error as LeaderNotAvailableException.

Please help to resolve this issue.

*Exception:*

[WARN] 2014-06-04 11:06:34,415 [ProducerSendThread-] BrokerPartitionInfo
[warn]:83 Error while fetching metadata [{TopicMetadata for topic
REALTIME-TOPIC ->
No partition metadata for topic REALTIME-TOPIC due to
kafka.common.LeaderNotAvailableException}] for topic [REALTIME-TOPIC]:
class kafka.common.LeaderNotAvailableException
[ERROR] 2014-06-04 11:06:34,416 [ProducerSendThread-] DefaultEventHandler
[error]:97 Failed to send requests for topics REALTIME-TOPIC with
correlation ids in [3209,3216]
[ERROR] 2014-06-04 11:06:34,416 [ProducerSendThread-] ProducerSendThread
[error]:103 Error in handling batch of 200 events
kafka.common.FailedToSendMessageException: Failed to send messages after 3
tries.
        at
kafka.producer.async.DefaultEventHandler.handle(DefaultEventHandler.scala:90)
        at
kafka.producer.async.ProducerSendThread.tryToHandle(ProducerSendThread.scala:104)
        at
kafka.producer.async.ProducerSendThread$$anonfun$processEvents$3.apply(ProducerSendThread.scala:87)
        at
kafka.producer.async.ProducerSendThread$$anonfun$processEvents$3.apply(ProducerSendThread.scala:67)
        at scala.collection.immutable.Stream.foreach(Stream.scala:526)
        at
kafka.producer.async.ProducerSendThread.processEvents(ProducerSendThread.scala:66)
        at
kafka.producer.async.ProducerSendThread.run(ProducerSendThread.scala:44)

*Describin Topic:*

Topic:BACKUP-TOPIC      PartitionCount:5        ReplicationFactor:3
Configs:
        Topic: BACKUP-TOPIC     Partition: 0    Leader: none    Replicas:
155,169,1610  Isr:
        Topic: BACKUP-TOPIC     Partition: 1    Leader: none    Replicas:
166,1610,1611 Isr:
        Topic: BACKUP-TOPIC     Partition: 2    Leader: none    Replicas:
167,1611,151  Isr:
        Topic: BACKUP-TOPIC     Partition: 3    Leader: none    Replicas:
168,151,152   Isr:
        Topic: BACKUP-TOPIC     Partition: 4    Leader: none    Replicas:
169,152,153   Isr:

Re: No partition metadata for topic due to kafka.common.LeaderNotAvailableException

Posted by Guozhang Wang <wa...@gmail.com>.
Sorry I was a bit misleading, in 0.8.1.1 we actually turned off the delete
topic nob by default. We are working on 0.8.2 which should have a working
delete topic functionality.

--
-- Guozhang

Re: No partition metadata for topic due to kafka.common.LeaderNotAvailableException

Posted by Guozhang Wang <wa...@gmail.com>.

--
-- Guozhang