Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by "Saul, Sherwyn" <sa...@hra.nyc.gov> on 2004/01/05 23:19:04 UTC

a dll section

A section on how to install a .dll mod with out the corresponding .c file
(ex. libphp4.dll) would be good.

-sherwyn

Re: a dll section

Posted by "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>.
???

Well, I think you are asking a docs question so I'm forwarding there.  But this
is nothing more than adding an appropriate LoadModule command, so it is
likely documented there.

Actually causing a loaded module (so, sl, dll or dylib) to actually do anything
productive would be the documentation task of the module author.  Depending
on the module, other library dependencies may exist.  So it's really not up
to us to spell out the requirements and prerequisites for enabling any given
third party module.

That said, it's a paragraph and one line of illustration for the third party module
author to document how to configure the module to work on Apache/Win32,
along with all the rest of their documentation.

Bill

Re: a dll section

Posted by "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>.
???