Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by miro <mi...@yahoo.com> on 2008/12/29 18:24:22 UTC

feedback message without a form

How to add feed back messages to page with out a form ,
in my case  when the link is clicked I call some external service and that
might return me some message   and I want to show this message as a feedback
message

Re: feedback message without a form

Posted by Jeremy Thomerson <je...@wickettraining.com>.
There are past examples you can find on this mailing list.  Please look at
them.

Your problem is that you are redirecting to a new page right after you set
your error.  Instead, you'll need to set it on the session basically.

On Tue, Dec 30, 2008 at 10:26 AM, miro <mi...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> i have the feedback panel and i am able to display form validations , but
> when I add info to the page nothing is shown by the feedback panel here the
> code  for adding info to my page
>
>                public void onClick(AjaxRequestTarget target) {
>                        if(assignProgramsDTO.getGrantsAssigned().size()==0){
>                                getPage().error("Please assing grants");
>                                return;
>                        }
>
>  getStgAuditProcessService().startProcess(assignProgramsDTO);
>                        setResponsePage(HomePage.class);
>                        setRedirect(true);
>                }
>

> jWeekend wrote:
> >
> > Did you add a FeedbackPanel to your page?
> >
> > Regards - Cemal
> >  http://www.jWeekend.co.uk jWeekend
> >

> > miro wrote:
> >>
> >> adding message is simple but how  to display this message , who is
> >> rendering the added message ?,
> >> in my case I am adding the message to the page , getPage().info("This is
> >> a test message ")   , now what in html i have to do to display this
> >> message ?

Jeremy Thomerson
http://www.wickettraining.com

Re: feedback message without a form

Posted by miro <mi...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by miro <mi...@yahoo.com>.
i tried that   but no messge is displayed
 the message is displayed   when the url is http://localhost:8080/audit/app/
and my current url is
http://localhost:8080/audit/app/?wicket:interface=:6::::

Posted by jWeekend <jw...@cabouge.com>.
try

Posted by Heikki Uotinen <He...@syncrontech.com>.
Refresh feedback panel after setting the message:

final FeedbackPanel feedback = new FeedbackPanel ("feedback");
feedback.setOutputMarkupId(true);
add(feedback);

	if(assignProgramsDTO.getGrantsAssigned().size()==0){
		getPage().error("Please assing grants");
		target.addComponent(feedback);
		return;
	}

-Heikki

Have you tried without redirecting to the response page?

Posted by Vance Fellers <nv...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by Adriano dos Santos Fernandes <ad...@uol.com.br>.
miro escreveu:
> here is my code
>
> 		public void onClick(AjaxRequestTarget target) {
> 			if(assignProgramsDTO.getGrantsAssigned().size()==0){
> 				getPage().error("Please assing grants");
> 				return;
> 			}
> 			getStgAuditProcessService().startProcess(assignProgramsDTO);
> 			setResponsePage(HomePage.class);
> 			setRedirect(true);
> 		}

Add the feedbackpanel to target.