Posted to announce@apache.org by Kengo Seki <se...@apache.org> on 2020/12/16 13:01:44 UTC

[ANNOUNCE] Apache Bigtop 1.5.0 released

On behalf of the Apache Bigtop team, I'd love to announce the general
availability of the Bigtop 1.5.0 release.

The release is available here:
  https://bigtop.apache.org/download.html#releases

A few highlights of this release include:
  * Four different Linux distributions are newly supported: CentOS 8,
Debian 10, Fedora 31, and Ubuntu 18.04
  * Bigtop Mpack is added as a new feature, that enables users to
deploy Bigtop components via Apache Ambari
  * Livy and ELK stack (Elasticsearch, Logstash, Kibana) are newly
added as components
  * Many component upgrades, e.g., Hadoop 2.10.1, Spark 2.4.5, HBase
1.5.0, Hive 2.3.6, Kafka 2.4.0, Zeppelin 0.8.2

With Bigtop 1.5.0 the community continues to deliver the most advanced
big data stack to date. More details about 1.5.0 release are here:
  https://bigtop.apache.org/release-notes.html

Deploying Bigtop is easy: grab the repo/list file for your favorite
Linux distribution:
  https://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.lua/bigtop/bigtop-1.5.0/repos/
and you'll be running your very own bigdata cluster in no time!

We welcome your help and feedback. For more information on how to
report problems, and to get involved, visit the project website at:
  https://bigtop.apache.org

Lastly, I want to emphasize that this is a collaborative work done by
project contributors and other communities,
who continue to devote time to make Bigtop a better software. Thank
you all for making this release possible!

Regards,
Kengo Seki, Bigtop 1.5.0 Release Manager

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache Bigtop 1.5.0 released

Posted by Jun HE <ju...@apache.org>.
Awesome!
Thanks to Kengo for leading the release process, and all the contributors
to make this happen!

Kengo Seki <se...@apache.org> 于2020年12月16日周三 下午9:01写道:

Posted by Kengo Seki <se...@apache.org>.
Thank you for posting a blog entry, Evans!

> I'm guessing that Olaf/Cos was referring to our website at bigtop.apache.org

Oh I understand. I'm glad if you could take the time to improve the
website, Olaf!

Kengo Seki <se...@apache.org>

Posted by Evans Ye <ev...@apache.org>.
I just posted the release on ASF Bigtop Blog (blogs.apache.org/bigtop).
I'm guessing that Olaf/Cos was referring to our website at bigtop.apache.org
?

Posted by Kengo Seki <se...@apache.org>.

Posted by Konstantin Boudnik <co...@apache.org>.