Posted to general@gump.apache.org by Vincent Massol <vm...@pivolis.com> on 2004/03/14 10:06:08 UTC

[Help] Help required to debug a cactus gump build!

Hi,

Could someone make available the jakarta-tomcat/ gumpy build directory
somewhere (i.e. the /data3/gump/jakarta-tomcat/build/tomcat/ dir)?

I need this to continue debugging
http://lsd.student.utwente.nl/gump/jakarta-cactus/jakarta-cactus-sample-
servlet-12.html

Thanks!
-Vincent

Note1: that would be cool if the gump build directories were
automatically available under some htdocs.

Note2: I've been trying to debug this Cactus gump build issue for about
a week now. This is why Gump is not user-friendly: it's just too long
and too complex to fix something...

RE: [Help] Help required to debug a cactus gump build!

Posted by Vincent Massol <vm...@pivolis.com>.
Hi Adam,

I'm trying to reduce the possible differences between my local run and
gump's one. I can see 3 differences:
- unix vs windows (I'm building on windows)
- tomcat set up
- ant command line

So far, I've eliminated the unix difference. Thanks to Leo I've also
just eliminated the tomcat one. The last part is to reproduce Ant's
command line so that I can run it manually. I'll be working on this now.

[snip]

Thanks
-Vincent

Re: [Help] Help required to debug a cactus gump build!

Posted by "Adam R. B. Jack" <aj...@trysybase.com>.
> Could someone make available the jakarta-tomcat/ gumpy build directory
> somewhere (i.e. the /data3/gump/jakarta-tomcat/build/tomcat/ dir)?
>
> I need this to continue debugging
> http://lsd.student.utwente.nl/gump/jakarta-cactus/jakarta-cactus-sample-
> servlet-12.html

Mind explaining why you need to see it? The only things passed to cactus
from tomcat ought be listed here:

http://lsd.student.utwente.nl/gump/jakarta-tomcat/jakarta-tomcat.html#Outputs

Are you looking to poke inside the jars, or ????

Just curious.

> Note2: I've been trying to debug this Cactus gump build issue for about
> a week now. This is why Gump is not user-friendly: it's just too long
> and too complex to fix something...

Agreed, I know it is frustrating. We'll work on that issue.

regards

Adam