Posted to dev@tuscany.apache.org by ant elder <an...@gmail.com> on 2007/03/15 22:44:05 UTC

Using extensions with the current trunk code

Is it possible to have extensions picked up by the launchers with the
current trunk code? If i try dropping an extension jar in the launcher
extensions dir I get an UnsupportedOperationException from
AbstractExtensionDeployer.deployExtension. I guess this isn't going right
now or is it not how you use extensions these days?

   ...ant

Re: Using extensions with the current trunk code

Posted by Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com>.
Yes, a merge is on the way...

On 3/15/07, Jeremy Boynes <jb...@apache.org> wrote:

> It's not going right now as we were planning to integrate with the
> contribution service (i.e. you would contribute the extension just
> like any other composite, either through the contribution API or by
> doing something like dropping it into a directory the contribution
> service was scanning).
>
> What we did as an interim measure was externalize the system scdl
> into the profile in the form of a system.scdl file. That would allow
> you to add an extension in by adding an <include> element to that
> file referencing the extension's composite. Not ideal but ...
>
> For 2.0-alpha2 I'd like to get the contribution service working (in a
> persistent way) and hook the extension mechanism to it. It looks like
> there were quite a few additions to the service in the branch but I
> don't know if Luciano or anyone is planning to port them to trunk any
> time soon - if not, I'll have a look but it won't be for a couple of
> weeks.
>
> --
> Jeremy
>
> On Mar 15, 2007, at 2:44 PM, ant elder wrote:
>
> > Is it possible to have extensions picked up by the launchers with the
> > current trunk code? If i try dropping an extension jar in the launcher
> > extensions dir I get an UnsupportedOperationException from
> > AbstractExtensionDeployer.deployExtension. I guess this isn't going
> > right
> > now or is it not how you use extensions these days?
> >
> >   ...ant

Luciano Resende
http://people.apache.org/~lresende

Re: Using extensions with the current trunk code

Posted by ant elder <an...@gmail.com>.
On 3/15/07, Jeremy Boynes <jb...@apache.org> wrote:

> It's not going right now as we were planning to integrate with the
> contribution service (i.e. you would contribute the extension just
> like any other composite, either through the contribution API or by
> doing something like dropping it into a directory the contribution
> service was scanning).
>
> What we did as an interim measure was externalize the system scdl
> into the profile in the form of a system.scdl file. That would allow
> you to add an extension in by adding an <include> element to that
> file referencing the extension's composite. Not ideal but ...

 ...but works for now. Yes thats what I've been doing, was just checking
there wasn't something else I'd missed.

Thanks,

Posted by Jeremy Boynes <jb...@apache.org>.