Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Gregory Joseph <gj...@kiala.com> on 2004/02/11 19:33:29 UTC

war plugin: is it possible to use a "source" war ?

Hi,

I'm in the process of mavenizing a web project. What our current ant build is
doing is update an existing war file (because the "framework" we use is
provided that way, and that also prevents us from adding a zillion files
which we don't need to modify to our cvs), like this

<copy file="${some.existing.war.file}" tofile="${build.war.file}"/>
<war warfile="${build.war.file}" update="true" basedir=... webxml=...>
  <!-- usual lib and fileset includes -->
</war>

So is there any way to do the "update" of the war like we do now?
I'm about to do a pre:goal to war:webapp that will extract the war file in
${maven.war.webapp.dir}, but maybe there's a simpler/cleaner way?

Thanks

greg