Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Bradford Stephens <br...@gmail.com> on 2010/02/24 23:15:59 UTC

Seattle Hadoop/Scalability/NoSQL Meetup Tonight!

The Seattle Hadoop/Scalability/NoSQL (yeah, we vary the title) meetup
is tonight! We're going to have a guest speaker from MongoDB :)

As always, it's at the University of Washington, Allen Computer
Science building, Room 303 at 6:45pm. You can find a map here:
http://www.washington.edu/home/maps/southcentral.html?cse

If you can, please RSVP here (not required, but very nice):
http://www.meetup.com/Seattle-Hadoop-HBase-NoSQL-Meetup/

--
http://www.drawntoscalehq.com --  The intuitive, cloud-scale data
solution. Process, store, query, search, and serve all your data.

http://www.roadtofailure.com -- The Fringes of Scalability, Social
Media, and Computer Science

Not getting any highlighter results when using wildcards

Posted by "Woolf, Ross" <Ro...@BMC.com>.
When I use a WildcardQuery with the highlighter, I don't get any fragments back, I get null returned to strBetText.  If I just use a term query then it works.

TokenStream tokenStream = TokenSources.getTokenStream(indexReader, docId, strFieldName);
QueryScorer scorer = new QueryScorer(query, strFieldName);
Fragmenter fragmenter = new SimpleSpanFragmenter(scorer);
SimpleHTMLFormatter formatter = new SimpleHTMLFormatter("[", "]");
Highlighter highlighter = new Highlighter(formatter, scorer);
highlighter.setTextFragmenter(fragmenter);
String strBestText = null;
strBestText = highlighter.getBestFragment(tokenStream, strText);

In the Lucene In Action book it mentions that if you are using wildcard that you need to call rewrite on query before using it.  I have tried doing this but in my debugger I still see the query with the wildcard and it does not look as if it has rewritten it.

Is there a problem using wildcards in the highlighter, or am I not using rewrite on my query correctly? (why would code inside the highlighter not call the rewrite automatically?).

Any help would be appreciated.

Re: Seattle Hadoop/Scalability/NoSQL Meetup Tonight!

Posted by Adilson Oliveira Cruz <ad...@gmail.com>.
 Do you video-recorded the meeting?

Posted by Nick Dimiduk <nd...@gmail.com>.
Not that I'm aware of.