Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Eric Laverge <ae...@hotmail.com> on 2004/12/05 19:03:58 UTC

Bean Shell : keeping variables state between iteration.

Hello,

I have some problem understanding the Scope of variables of a BeanShell
Sampler inside JMeter. Where can I find information about that ?
1-	Inside a Bean Shell I would like to initialize a variable, only once for
each iteration. How do I do that ?
2-	Is there a way to make a variable accessible to all other Bean Shell
running into JMeter  (like a static variable) ?

Thank you for your help.

Re: Bean Shell : keeping variables state between iteration.

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On Sun, 05 Dec 2004 18:03:58 +0000, Eric Laverge <ae...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have some problem understanding the Scope of variables of a BeanShell
> Sampler inside JMeter. Where can I find information about that ?

Each Sampler creates its own BeanShell interpreter instance.
Check the BeanShell documentation for further information.

> 1-      Inside a Bean Shell I would like to initialize a variable, only once for
> each iteration. How do I do that ?

I don't understand what you mean.

Perhaps you could explain what you are trying to achieve.

> 2-      Is there a way to make a variable accessible to all other Bean Shell
> running into JMeter  (like a static variable) ?

You could use a java or JMeter property for this; otherwise see the
BeanShell documentation.