Posted to user@hive.apache.org by Buntu Dev <bu...@gmail.com> on 2015/06/17 09:32:03 UTC

Query HBase table based on timestamp

My use case is to query time series data ingested into HBase table
containing a web page name or url as row key and related properties as
column qualifiers. The properties for the web page are dynamic ie, the
columns qualifiers are dynamic for a given timestamp.

I would like to create a Hive managed HBase table to query this time series
data for properties of the web page at a given timestamp. Can anyone
clarify:

* How to create a Hive table in this case and what to provide as
"hbase.columns.mapping" property as the columns themselves are dynamic?

* How to modify the HBase or Hive table schema to be able to query for
given timestamp since it doesn't seem to be supported based on the HBase
integration wiki:
 "there is currently no way to access the HBase timestamp attribute, and
queries always access data with the latest timestamp."

Thanks!