Posted to hdfs-user@hadoop.apache.org by Sriram Balachander <sr...@gmail.com> on 2013/08/15 17:38:56 UTC

User level permission

Hi All

I am new to hadoop and trying to get some hands-on.I am trying to create a
new directory under user folder in the cloudera-quickstart-vm-4.3.0 virtual
machine. Can you help me out here?
Below is the permission error i get.

[cloudera@localhost ~]$ hadoop fs -mkdir /user/newuser
mkdir: Permission denied: user=cloudera, access=WRITE,
inode="/user":hdfs:supergroup:drwxr-xr-x
[cloudera@localhost ~]$

Regards
Sriram

Re: User level permission

Posted by Pavan Sudheendra <pa...@gmail.com>.
You might want to try out

sudo -u hdfs hadoop <command>

Regards,
Pavan

Re: User level permission

Posted by Pavan Sudheendra <pa...@gmail.com>.
You might want to try out

Re: User level permission

Posted by Visioner Sadak <vi...@gmail.com>.
while uploading in to hadoop using tomcat server i am also getting an error
when dfs.permissions is set true when its set false it uploads easily but
that wont be secure i guess

Re: User level permission

Posted by Visioner Sadak <vi...@gmail.com>.

Re: User level permission