Posted to general@gump.apache.org by "BAZLEY, Sebastian" <Se...@london.sema.slb.com> on 2003/12/15 13:11:05 UTC

Does coccoondev support sysproperty ?

I updated cocoondev.xml recently to set java.awt.headless as a property.

I'd like to make this more consistent with the other builds which set
java.awt.headless as a system property, but before doing this can I please
ask if cocoondev supports sysproperty?

I expect it does, but I did not want to try - in case it broke *all* the
builds.

--
Sebastian Bazley

Re: Does coccoondev support sysproperty ?

Posted by "Adam R. B. Jack" <aj...@trysybase.com>.
Sebastian,

I wrote:

> The first thing a Gump install does is update itself from CVS, then (for
> traditional) build itself, then run.

Are you game to (1) log into bugzilla and/or (2) help fix in
src/documentation/content/xdocs anything like this that isn't apparent from
the documentation? Seems daft to have you others go through what you are
(like I did, like others) w/o more helpful documentation.

I am close to done for the year (flying to UK to see family) but will be
back at this early next year.

regards,

Adam

Re: Does coccoondev support sysproperty ?

Posted by "Adam R. B. Jack" <aj...@trysybase.com>.
Sebastian wrote:

> I updated cocoondev.xml recently to set java.awt.headless as a property.
>
> I'd like to make this more consistent with the other builds which set
> java.awt.headless as a system property, but before doing this can I please
> ask if cocoondev supports sysproperty?

The first thing a Gump install does is update itself from CVS, then (for
traditional) build itself, then run. Wouldn't be very Gump-like not to,
would it? ;-)

Not that all (any of the traditional) public site use these but look at
gump.sh and gumpy.sh in the root directory.

> I expect it does, but I did not want to try - in case it broke *all* the
> builds.

Gump's are meant to be robust to configuration mistakes. Python Gump is less
robust than traditional, and stumbles easier, but I'd not sweat it. Every
stumble becomes a unit test and a bug fix, so that's ok. Gump (like juniut)
is there so we can move faster. It is the safety net, so don't hold back...

regards,

Adam