Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org> on 2012/10/01 10:11:01 UTC

Re: Tomcat 5.5.36

> Jim,
>
> On 7/25/12 7:25 AM, Jim Jagielski wrote:

>>> We should to tie up the remaining loose ends before 5.5.x is
>>> EOL. No great rush at the moment though.
>>>

>> Yeah, that's my plan.
>
> Any update on this? There hasn't been a release in 9 months, and
> we're about to officially mothball TC 5.5. I dunno if it's worth
> throwing the stragglers a bone, but officially supporting 5.5
> through now seems like we should release what we've got: there are
> definitely some patches that are outstanding and not yet released.

ping

If folks vote on the proposed patches for 5.5.x, I should be able to
find some time to apply them although I'm unlikely to be in a position
to roll the release.

Mark

Re: Tomcat 5.5.36

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.
On 01/10/2012 10:52, Mark Thomas wrote:

> OK. All the proposed patches are applied and 5.5.x is ready to tag and
> roll the release. Jim?

Jim is unlikely to be able to do this in the next few weeks so I propose
to attempt this myself as 5.5.x is now end-of-life and we need to get
the final release out ASAP.

Mark

Re: Tomcat 5.5.36

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.