Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Ian Neruda <ia...@yahoo.com> on 2004/06/02 17:13:31 UTC

Adding custom Ant tasks inside Maven

Hi.

I need to extend ant with custom task(obfuscation) and
use that task inside Maven. I added jar in
MAVEN_HOME/lib, and added that jar to classpath(in
maven.bat).

After that I put task definition in maven.xml:
<goal name="crm:obfuscate">
 <ant:taskdef name="obfuscate"
classname="com.yworks.yguard.ObfuscatorTask"/>
</goal>

I get error message "taskdef class
com.yworks.yguard.ObfuscatorTask cannot be found".

Do I need to put jar somewhere else or I have taskdef
in wrong file?

Thanks, Ian.

Re: Adding custom Ant tasks inside Maven

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>.
Don't put the jar in the maven lib directory. Instead, add "classpath" to the
taskdef.

One way is to add it as a dependency of the project and add:
classpathref="maven.dependency.classpath"
to the taskdef