Posted to apache-bugdb@apache.org by Sandy Aronson <sa...@aronsons.com> on 1999/10/29 19:21:47 UTC

general/5218: Files do not transfer completely -- access_log show status 200 but shows actual bytes transfered

>Number:         5218
>Category:       general
>Synopsis:       Files do not transfer completely -- access_log show status 200 but shows actual bytes transfered
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
We have several 1 - 2MB swf files on our website.  Normally these files download fine to end-users.  However, very rarely they download incompletely.  When this happens, the access_log records a status of 200 and the number of bits transfered as the number of bits actually transfered instead of the file size.  It appears that there are two problems here --

1)  Occationally the files do not transfer completely.
2)  I believe when the do not transfer completely, a status of 206 should show up instead of status 200.
>How-To-Repeat:
It is a speratic problem which I cannot reliably reproduce.  So it is hard for me to give you specific information here.
>Fix:
I do not know.  However, I am willing to help in any way which is useful.  Please let me know what I can do.
[to include <ap...@Apache.Org> in the Cc line and make sure the]