Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by SingleShot <mi...@gmail.com> on 2006/11/22 06:32:23 UTC

Delete Topic Programmatically?

I would like to create a Java API to allow clients to create and destroy
topics. I've scoured the ActiveMQ site and the API and cannot figure out how
to programatically do this (in particular, how to "delete" a topic). How
would I do this? I suspect with JMX, but the JMX links on the site do not
illuminate how to do it.

Thanks.

Re: Delete Topic Programmatically?

Posted by Gary Tully <ga...@gmail.com>.
For some use of JMX from java, have a look at the source of the activemq
console:
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/activemq/trunk/activemq-console/src/main/java/org/apache/activemq/console/command/ListCommand.java?view=markup

See the end of this article
http://pavelgolubeff.ya.ru/replies.xml?item_no=1583&ncrnd=702  for a jruby
example

On 22 June 2010 14:25, mevikasg <me...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am also trying to achieve the same(Delete a queue & stand alone
> activemq).
>
> If you have resolved it then please share your code with me.
>
> Thanks alot in advance.
>
> -Vikas
>

> samahome wrote:
> >
> > Could you give some example on how to connect to the MBean Server  and
> get
> > the broker MBesan instance ?
> >
> > My activeMQ broker is running in stand-alone mode (not embedded broker).
> >

> > - Sreenivas
> >
> > Adrian Co wrote:
> >>
> >> Well, in a short note, the function you want would be
> >> BrokerViewMBean.removeTopic.
> >>
> >> You just need to connect to the mbean server and get the broker mbean
> >> via JMX.

> destroy
> out
> How

http://blog.garytully.com

Open Source Integration
http://fusesource.com

Re: Delete Topic Programmatically?

Posted by mevikasg <me...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Posted by samahome <sr...@boeing.com>.
Could you give some example on how to connect to the MBean Server  and get
the broker MBean instance ?

Posted by Adrian Co <ac...@exist.com>.