Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Rademacher Tobias <To...@grob.de> on 2003/10/14 11:19:22 UTC

Uploading POM's into the repository working or declined?

Hi Folks,

Does the RC1 release uploads the the POM files into the repository? I read a
discussion thread on the maven mailing lists about this topic a couple of
months ago. So please do not flame me when you decided to decline this
feature request.

Assuming that it works I have a related question: Is it possible to load a
diffenrent POM from a XML file in order to process it? It would be cool if
we would be able to access repository POM's _and_ interspect there
dependencies.

Any thoughts

Toby

Re: Uploading POM's into the repository working or declined?

Posted by Paul Libbrecht <pa...@ags.uni-sb.de>.
Rademacher Tobias wrote:
> Hi Folks,
>
> Does the RC1 release uploads the the POM files into the repository? I read a
> discussion thread on the maven mailing lists about this topic a couple of
> months ago. So please do not flame me when you decided to decline this
> feature request.
>
> Assuming that it works I have a related question: Is it possible to load a
> diffenrent POM from a XML file in order to process it? It would be cool if
> we would be able to access repository POM's _and_ interspect there
> dependencies.
>
> Any thoughts
>
> Toby

This would have another nice aspect: check-out the project's current
tree. Or... offer a view to the source of a dependency within an IDE...
but this may all be future.

Paul