Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by Vladimir Berezniker <vm...@hitechman.com> on 2004/10/28 02:50:32 UTC

neon-debug-mask is not working on windows

FYI,

    I was trying use neon-debug-mask to debug svn/neon with svn 1.1.1 on
windows.  However, I did not get any debugging output even with the
setting of 255.  So I grabbed the source zip for subversion and checked
the bundled neon source.  What I found is that config.hw that is used
for windows is missing "#define NE_DEBUGGING 1" line. As a result neon
gets built without any debugging support.  This is in contrast to the
version of neon where by default debugging is enabled   .  I am not sure
if this is intentional and want to bring this to your attention.

Thank you for your time and a great software,
Vladimir Berezniker

Re: neon-debug-mask is not working on windows

Posted by Ben Reser <be...@reser.org>.
On Wed, Oct 27, 2004 at 10:55:09PM -0400, Vladimir Berezniker wrote:
>   I was trying use neon-debug-mask to debug svn/neon with svn 1.1.1 on
> windows.  However, I did not get any debugging output even with the
> setting of 255.  So I grabbed the source zip for subversion and checked
> the bundled neon source.  What I found is that config.hw that is used
> for windows is missing "#define NE_DEBUGGING 1" line. As a result neon
> gets built without any debugging support.  This is in contrast to the
> *linux* version of neon where by default debugging is enabled.  I am not
> sure if this is intentional and wish to bring this to your attention.

Send this to the neon list.  We just ship the neon package in our source
we make no modifications to it.

--
Ben Reser <be...@reser.org>
http://ben.reser.org

"Conscience is the inner voice which warns us somebody may be looking."
- H.L. Mencken

Re: neon-debug-mask is not working on windows

Posted by Vladimir Berezniker <vm...@hitechman.com>.
Accidentally sent the email before finishing it, here is the final version: