Posted to dev@lucene.apache.org by Upayavira <uv...@odoko.co.uk> on 2015/12/19 00:48:48 UTC

Null Commit Mails from Buildbot for website

We regularly get emails such as the below from buildbot. They make
reviewing commits in the commit mailing list hard, because there's so
much junk there.

Doing some digging, it seems that our buildbot setup uses svnmucc to
push changed files up to SVN, however, svnmucc seems to create a commit
whether anything has changed or not.

The buildbot job is three stages: svn up, build site, upload site.

We could prevent these messages by making the second and third steps
"dependent" upon the first. In which case, they won't occur if no files
are changed.

Any objections to doing this?

Upayavira

Author: buildbot
Date: Fri Dec 18 20:21:05 2015
New Revision: 975896

Log:
Dynamic update by buildbot for lucene

Modified:
    websites/production/lucene/content/core/index.html
    websites/production/lucene/content/index.html
    websites/production/lucene/content/solr/index.html
    websites/staging/lucene/trunk/content/core/index.html
    websites/staging/lucene/trunk/content/index.html
    websites/staging/lucene/trunk/content/solr/index.html

Modified: websites/production/lucene/content/core/index.html
    (empty)

Modified: websites/production/lucene/content/index.html
    (empty)

Modified: websites/production/lucene/content/solr/index.html
    (empty)

Modified: websites/staging/lucene/trunk/content/core/index.html
    (empty)

Modified: websites/staging/lucene/trunk/content/index.html
    (empty)

Modified: websites/staging/lucene/trunk/content/solr/index.html

Re: Null Commit Mails from Buildbot for website

Posted by Erick Erickson <er...@gmail.com>.
Works for me.

Posted by Upayavira <uv...@odoko.co.uk>.
I did exactly as discussed with infra (commit to the buildbot config
file) but nothing whatever changed. Am waiting on feedback[1] from infra
as to how to tell buildbot to take notice of my commit.

Upayavira
[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-11002[1]

Links:

  1. https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-11002?filter=-2

Re: Null Commit Mails from Buildbot for website

Posted by Upayavira <uv...@odoko.co.uk>.

Posted by Upayavira <uv...@odoko.co.uk>.

Posted by Jack Krupansky <ja...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Shawn Heisey <ap...@elyograg.org>.