Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by "Mattias.Ekman@ismobile.com" <Ma...@ismobile.com> on 2004/03/01 13:37:34 UTC

[users@httpd] proxy to unpack gzipped data

Hi everyone out there!

I've got a problem that I can't get the grip on.
Running Apache/IBM IHS 2.0.47 and IBM WebSphere 5.0, I use the Apache as
a frontend with mod_proxy and mod_deflate and the WebSphere as backend.

What I want to do is having the Apache to unpack g-zipped http request
and then send them as plaintext http requests on to the WebSphere.

As I got it working to day, the proxy sends the g-zipped requests
directly to the WebSphere.

Any suggestions on solving this problem would be appriciated.

--Thanks in advance --

// Kind Regards
		Mattias

Re: [users@httpd] proxy to unpack gzipped data

Posted by Nick Kew <ni...@webthing.com>.
On Mon, 1 Mar 2004, Mattias.Ekman@ismobile.com wrote:

> Hi everyone out there!
>
> I've got a problem that I can't get the grip on.
> Running Apache/IBM IHS 2.0.47 and IBM WebSphere 5.0, I use the Apache as
> a frontend with mod_proxy and mod_deflate and the WebSphere as backend.
>
> What I want to do is having the Apache to unpack g-zipped http request
> and then send them as plaintext http requests on to the WebSphere.

Who is sending you gzipped requests?  If that's really what you mean,
adding the mod_deflate input filter should deal with it.

OTOH if what you really meant is that it's sending an Accept-Encoding
header you can't deal with, you can strip that from what's sent to
the backend with RequestHeader.

--
Nick Kew