Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com> on 2003/01/09 06:21:46 UTC

Re: oracle db with jetspeed

On Wednesday, January 8, 2003, at 06:43  PM, Ritesh Radhakrishnan wrote:

> hi,
>    i was trying to use the oracle database with jetspeed.i am getting
> the following error

Ritesh,

In the future (if there is one), could you please send your questions
to the jetspeed-user list and not to me directly?
If I were to answer your question directly, then it would be only you
who would benefit from the answer, and no one else.

> Horrible Exception: java.lang.Error: Error in
> BasePeer.initTableSchema(TURBINE_USER): There was no DataSourceFactory
> configured for the connection default
> 	at
> org.apache.jetspeed.om.security.turbine.BaseTurbineUserPeer.initClass(B
> aseTurbineUserPeer.java:154)
> 	at
> org.apache.jetspeed.om.security.turbine.BaseTurbineUserPeer.<clinit>(Ba
> seTurbineUserPeer.java:128)
> 	at
> org.apache.jetspeed.services.security.turbine.TurbineUserManagement.get
> User(TurbineUserManagement.java:166)
> 	at
> org.apache.jetspeed.services.JetspeedUserManagement.getUser(JetspeedUse
> rManagement.java:98)
> 	at
> org.apache.jetspeed.services.security.turbine.TurbineAuthentication.get
> AnonymousUser(TurbineAuthentication.java:215)

I recently had an evil empire exorcism gone bad. Give me a few minutes,
it seems that Oracle was exorcised too....
Ok, Oracle is back online and I've ran the basic unit test. Here are
the steps I took:

1. I checked out jakarta-jetspeed from the cvs head
2. From SQL PLUS, I created a user schema, and logged as that user, and
ran:
	a. src/sql/external/turbine-oracle.sql
	b. src/sql/external/populate-oracle.sql
   the scripts ran with no errors
3. Edited build/torque/build.properties
	## torque.database=hypersonic
                torque.database=oracle
4. Build it from the build dir
	ant war
5. Copy the oracle JDBC driver into lib directory
6. Rename it from classes12.zip to classes12.jar
7. Edit webapp/WEB-INF/conf/Torque.properties
	torque.database.default.adaptor=oracle

	comment out the hypersonic entries
	uncomment the Oracle entries, and point it at my database

8. Run the unit-test from the build directory
	build unittest-security-user

all unit tests pass

--
David Sean Taylor