Posted to dev@thrift.apache.org by Mario Emmenlauer <ma...@emmenlauer.de> on 2020/04/24 09:42:02 UTC

Is Travis CI building docker images?

In the past weeks I've had a significant number of failing Travis CI
builds, the majority of which was failing in something that looked like
a docker build.

Is it correct and intended that Travis builds, or at least updates, a
docker image for every test? Maybe this step could be split out of the
standard tests and moved to a dedicated task? This may have the down-
side that tests would use whatever status the latest official docker
image has, which may or may not be up-to-date with upstream ressoures.
But it brings a significant speedup, much better error resilience and
last, not least, a more reproducible test experience.

Can anyone comment about the current design?

All the best,

    Mario

Re: Is Travis CI building docker images?

Posted by Duru Can Celasun <dc...@apache.org>.
CC'ing James King who did our Travis setup IIRC.