Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by "Cockerham, John (US SSA)" <jo...@baesystems.com> on 2004/06/24 13:53:19 UTC

[users@httpd] Httpd size and WebDav

I have been trying to compile Apache 2.0.49 on a RedHat 9.0 machine.  I
used the following options to compile the code:
"./configure -enable-so -prefix=/www -with-ssl -enable-ssl
-enable-rewrite -enable-dav"  I am able to compile apache just fine, but
I am a little worried about the size of the httpd binary.  It compiles
to a size of 4412672 bytes.  It looks to me like all the modules are
being statically linked as opposed to being Dynamic Shared Objects as
the -enable-so switch implies.  I am also concerned that my /www/modules
directory is empty after the install.  Shouldn't the /www/modules
directory be chocked full of mod-???.so files that need to be included
into the httpd.conf file for use?  And I would think the httpd binary
should be something in the order of < 500kB in size.

Secondly,  It looks as if I have WebDav working, but it works in an
undesirable manner.  I have set up a location directive that looks like
this:

DavLockDB /www/var/DavLock
<Location /disk0/masterfiles>
    Dav On
    AuthType Basic
    AuthName "svn dav access"
    AuthUserFile /etc/httpd/conf/htpasswd.users
    AuthGroupFile /etc/httpd/conf/htgroup.users
    Require group masterfiles
</Location>

The problem is that I store all my WebDav accessible files in the
physical directory /disk0/masterfiles.  It seems I can only access the
files if they are in /www/disk0/masterfiles.  Is there a directive I can
put somewhere to make the path implicit and ignore the DocumentRoot?   I
tried Alias, but this seems to only work for HTTP:// calls and not
WEBDAV:// calls.  BTW, I am using konqueror  to access my WebDav
directories both locally and remotely.

I have read everything I can get my hands on about these subjects and
can't seem to get to the bottom of this.  Any help would be greatly
appreciated.

tks

John