Posted to dev@commonsrdf.apache.org by Sergio Fernández <wi...@apache.org> on 2015/05/03 16:44:34 UTC

[RDF] grant Commons RDF (incubating) permission to deploy artifacts to org.apache.commons groupId

Hi,

we're discussing our first incubating release, and we came to the issue
that we are not grant with permissions to deploy maven artifacts to the
org.apache.commons groupId [1].

The path of the project of graduating as a Commons components has not
changed. So we have agreed to keep compatible with the current Commons
approach, naming our artifacts as org.apache.commons:commons-rdf-*

Therefore the PPMC would like to discuss that with you, asking for
permissions to deploy to the Commons groupId.

Thanks so much.

Cheers,

[1] http://markmail.org/message/uctgwzq2f7ueuwib
[2] http://markmail.org/message/jrle67wpuhenqhic

--
Sergio Fernández
Partner Technology Manager

Re: [RDF] grant Commons RDF (incubating) permission to deploy artifacts to org.apache.commons groupId

Posted by James Carman <ja...@carmanconsulting.com>.
It is such a common pattern to have the artifactId begin with the last part
of the groupId that the OSGi bundle plugin handles that case out of the box.

Top-posting because I'm on my phone. Sorry.

Posted by Phil Steitz <ph...@gmail.com>.
Try mailing repository@

Posted by Benedikt Ritter <br...@apache.org>.

Posted by Gary Gregory <ga...@gmail.com>.

<http://www.manning.com/bauer3/>

Posted by Sergio Fernández <wi...@apache.org>.
Hi,

any consensus about this?

Please, take into account this issue is blocking the publication of our
first (incubating) release.

Thanks.

Cheers,

Posted by Sergio Fernández <wi...@apache.org>.
Hi,

Posted by Sergio Fernández <wi...@apache.org>.

Posted by Phil Steitz <ph...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jochen Wiedmann <jo...@gmail.com>.
On Sun, May 3, 2015 at 9:03 PM, Phil Steitz <ph...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 5/3/15 11:56 AM, Jochen Wiedmann wrote:
>> On Sun, May 3, 2015 at 4:44 PM, Sergio Fernández <wi...@apache.org> wrote:
>>> we're discussing our first incubating release, and we came to the issue
>>> that we are not grant with permissions to deploy maven artifacts to the
>>> org.apache.commons groupId [1].
>> Why org.apache.commons, and not, say, org.apache.commons.rdf? The
>> former seems overly broad to me.
>
> Could be we should have gone that way years ago when we moved to
> org.apache.commons:commons-foo; but that ship has sailed, so I think
> its best to stay consistent with the rest of the components and
> proceed as proposed.

First release, and the ship has sailed? Sorry, but I don't think so.

Jochen

--
Any world that can produce the Taj Mahal, William Shakespeare,
and Stripe toothpaste can't be all bad. (C.R. MacNamara, One Two Three)

Re: [RDF] grant Commons RDF (incubating) permission to deploy artifacts to org.apache.commons groupId

Posted by Phil Steitz <ph...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jochen Wiedmann <jo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jochen Wiedmann <jo...@gmail.com>.