Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Don Ireland <rd...@donireland.com> on 2007/03/07 01:17:00 UTC

User or Admin?

Hello all!

I have a shared hosting account.  My host has Exim installed as the mail server and has SA installed.

I have three domains (1 for personal use and 2 for small businesses--one man operations).

Should I be looking at the docs written for users or for admins?

If I use Bayesian filtering (I want to), will other users of my host's system affect SA's learning?  Or will it only read MINE?  If I can allow it to include other users training but have that carry a lower weight in the decision process then that's what I'd like to do.  But I don't want the fact that someone else identified something as spam to carry as much weight as MY identifying something as spam.

Should I be creating a special directory for SA to learn from me?  Last night I got my account set up to learn from ham/spam folders under IMAP (using a PHP script and Cron).  Now I just need to make sure it learns properly.

Thx!

Don Ireland