Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by "Partogi, Joshua" <Jo...@AIG.com> on 2008/05/02 11:11:31 UTC

RE: Tapestry users declined for the first time in 3 years, says t his researh site ...

I don't know about other framework like GWT and Flex, but they're both are
very interesting. I've seen the prensentation of Flex and GWT by both of the
project leads and it took my interest. Have your used it before? I don't
like trying out something that hasn't been proven yet.

Posted by "Filip S. Adamsen" <fs...@fsadev.com>.
Rob is a troll. Take everything he says with a mountain of salt.

-Filip

Posted by Christian Edward Gruber <ch...@gmail.com>.
Flex and GWT are kind of apples to T5's oranges.  The other two are
RIA frameworks - the main client is in Javascript on the server.  T5
is a web application, not just web-delivered.  The GUI is xhtml (or
the like).  It can use Javascript, it can even host flex components
(one of my clients uses both Flex applications within a T5 app).  So
don't compare them with T5 (or struts, or webworks) because they ride
on a different level.  You could compare making a front-side app on
the client, vs. a web-application.  That would be reasonable.  But in
this sense, T5 is in the same structural position as the Struts,
WebObjects, Struts2, or plain old JSPs.

A web delivery mechanism is different than a web-based UI.  It's like
comparing a web-framework like T5 with Swing or SWT.  They're not
really playing the same sport, so to speak.

Christian.