Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Leo Sakhvoruk <le...@gmail.com> on 2006/02/26 06:16:07 UTC

Can't get service-point element due to Service point doesn't exist error.

Hello,

I'm about to pull my hair out over this one. Basically, I have the
following in my hivemind.xml:

<module id="client_configuration" version="1.0.0">

    <!-- Profile builder object -->
    <service-point id="profileBroker"
interface="client.functions.reference.IProfileBroker">
        <invoke-factory model="singleton">
            <construct class="client.functions.ProfileBroker">
          <set-object property="serverAddress" value="something"/>
          <set-object property="serverPort" value="something"/>
        </construct>
        </invoke-factory>
    </service-point>
</module>

Then I try to get a hold of that in a page class via:

    @InjectObject("service:client_configuration.profileBroker")
    public abstract ProfileBroker getBroker();

This throws the Service point client_configuration.profileBroker doesn't
exist error every time. I've tried setting different values after the
constructor in hivemind but the same error keeps coming back. I'm
obviously not referencing the service-point element correctly.

I've looked over the mailing list threads and the Tapestry as well as
HiveMind sites. From what I can tell this should be working as is.

I'm hitting a wall at this point. Please help with any clue.

Thanks

Re: Can't get service-point element due to Service point doesn't exist error.

Posted by Leo Sakhvoruk <le...@gmail.com>.
Yes it definitely should ;)! Thanks a bunch to both of you Mul and
Jesse. It's working now.

Posted by Mul <ms...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Leo Sakhvoruk <le...@gmail.com>.
Hi Jesse,

Thanks for the quick heads up. The name of the file was the problem
apparently. I renamed it and am now getting this new error:

Error: An error occurred processing annotation
@org.apache.tapestry.annotations.InjectObject(value=service:client.profileBroker)
of public abstract client.functions.ProfileBroker
client.pages.Locations.getBroker(): The value obtained using locator
'service:client.profileBroker' (<SingletonProxy for
client.profileBroker(client.functions.reference.IProfileBroker)>) is not
compatible with the existing property (of type
client.functions.ProfileBroker).

 From this it seems that the

Posted by Jesse Kuhnert <jk...@gmail.com>.