Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by stephen smithstone <sk...@lchost.co.uk> on 2004/04/07 18:02:09 UTC

Freeing Up Resources

On some of my pages i have some properties that are persistent and on
the page i have a cancel button that returns the user to the main page
im i right in thinking that in order to remove these properties i use

public void cancel( IRequestCycle cycle ){

cycle.detachPage( the current page name )

cycle.activate( "Main" );

}

that the properties will be removing freeing up the resources

Stephen

RE: Freeing Up Resources

Posted by "Howard M. Lewis Ship" <hl...@comcast.net>.
detachPage() is not the right method.

You should use discardPage() or forgetPage() instead.

--
Howard M. Lewis Ship
Creator, Tapestry: Java Web Components