Posted to users@tomee.apache.org by Cesar Hernandez <ce...@gmail.com> on 2019/08/06 16:13:53 UTC

Re: JSONB Capabilities Broken in 7.1.1 Plume?

Hi David Gannon,

I did a second swing to this issue [3] without success. This is what I did:

1) I pull TomEE 7.1.x branch [1]
2) Rolled back johnzon from 1.0.2 to 1.0.1 and built TomEE project locally
[2]
3) Ran the example project you provided in the ticket [3]
4) The tests keep failing :(.

I might be already in the path to do a git bisect in the commits from TomEE
7.1.1 up to TomEE 7.1.2 but if someone else wants to help on this task or
have a different idea why this issue is occurring that would be great!

[1] https://github.com/apache/tomee/tree/tomee-7.1.x
[2] https://github.com/apache/tomee/pull/292/files
[3] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TOMEE-2565

--
Atentamente:
César Hernández.

Re: JSONB Capabilities Broken in 7.1.1 Plume?

Posted by Cesar Hernandez <ce...@gmail.com>.
Hi David Gannon,

The PR I identified yesterday was analyzed by Richard and now we identify
both a workaround for you to apply to 7.1.1 and also a bug for an upcoming
release.

*The workaround:*
Specify "org.apache.openejb.server.cxf.rs.johnzon.TomEEJsonbProvider" via
"openejb.jaxrs.jsonProviders" in the system properties  until a fix is
available with 7.1.2

On the sample project you shared this will be the steps to apply the
workaround:
1) Keep your pom.xml to use: <tomee.version>7.1.1</tomee.version>
2) update the junit test and set this property for the embedded container:
p.setProperty("openejb.jaxrs.jsonProviders",
"org.apache.openejb.server.cxf.rs.johnzon.TomEEJsonbProvider")
3) mvn clean package
4) the jsontest passes successfully.

Thank you Richard Zowalla for the help, your detail responses on the Jira
ticket definitely help other contributors to catchup with bisect strategies
and troubleshooting logic in TomEE project.

--
Atentamente:
César Hernández.

Re: JSONB Capabilities Broken in 7.1.1 Plume?

Posted by Cesar Hernandez <ce...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

--
Atentamente:
César Hernández.

Re: JSONB Capabilities Broken in 7.1.1 Plume?

Posted by Cesar Hernandez <ce...@gmail.com>.
Update,

--
Atentamente: