Posted to derby-dev@db.apache.org by Ян Программист <we...@gmail.com> on 2010/04/16 15:42:47 UTC

Eclipse

Hence the difference between highlighted class name and exception
class name. They do not match. John

Re: Eclipse

Posted by Ян Программист <we...@gmail.com>.
Man, I was meaning that Eclipse automatically sets a wrong class against
return type of that method. Original method is not working (in Eclipse). But
I already figured out a workaround. I have a working code. John

Re: Eclipse

Posted by Bryan Pendleton <bp...@gmail.com>.
?? ??????????? wrote:
> Hence the difference between highlighted class name and exception
> class name. They do not match. John

I'm not sure I understand. You're getting a ClassCastException on a
call to metadata.getColumns()?

I see that the message says "org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.EmbedResultSet40
cannot be cast to org.apache.derby.client.am.ResultSet", which is true.

Are you importing org.apache.derby.client.am.ResultSet directly?

Can you use java.sql.ResultSet instead?

thanks,

bryan