Posted to users@maven.apache.org by "Patel, Ronak (US SSA)" <ro...@baesystems.com> on 2008/09/25 04:53:39 UTC

New Archetypes inside Eclipse

Hi all,

I am new to Maven's eclipse plugin. I installed a new archetype using
the command line mvn install command.

How can I use that archetype inside of eclipse to create a project?

Eclipse asks me for some catalog file that contains information about
the new archetype so I was wondering where that was by default.

I would like eclipse to pick up my new archetype.

Thanks,

Ronak Patel

Re: New Archetypes inside Eclipse

Posted by Eugene Kuleshov <eu...@md.pp.ru>.

Patel, Ronak (US SSA) wrote:

> I am new to Maven's eclipse plugin. I installed a new archetype using
> the command line mvn install command.
>
> How can I use that archetype inside of eclipse to create a project?
>
> Eclipse asks me for some catalog file that contains information about
> the new archetype so I was wondering where that was by default.
>
> I would like eclipse to pick up my new archetype.

  It should work after you reindex local Maven repository in the IDE, then
default indexer-based Archetype catalog will pick it up.
  There is jira issue suggesting to incrementally update index after
executing Maven install from the IDE, please vote on it if you are
interested. http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MNGECLIPSE-510

  Thanks

  Eugene

RE: New Archetypes inside Eclipse

Posted by Eugene Kuleshov <eu...@md.pp.ru>.

Patel, Ronak (US SSA) wrote:

>>   It should work after you reindex local Maven repository in the IDE,
>> then default indexer-based Archetype catalog will pick it up.
>>  There is jira issue suggesting to incrementally update index after
>> executing Maven install from the IDE, please vote on it if you are
>> interested. http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MNGECLIPSE-510
>
> Thanks for your reply.
> How do you reindex the local Maven repository inside of Eclipse?
> I can't seem to find out how to do that.

  There is a "Maven Indexes" view where you can update all indexes. For the
local Maven repository, the update will basically reindex the repository.
There is also "Reindex Local Repository" button in Window / Preferences... /
Maven / Installations preference page.

  regards,
  Eugene