Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by sitara alice <si...@gmail.com> on 2012/06/28 20:51:34 UTC

James 3.0 beta4 : Unable to JMX password for remote connection

Hi All,

I am completely new to James. Thanks  to the community who made such an
amazing server.

I am able to send and receive mails with a static ip. I am also able to get
the JConsole connected to the server from a remote machine. But the problem
is: I am unable to set a password (without SSL) for it.
no matter whatever configuration I set , it will still connect to the
machine without any password. Following are the options I set in*
run.bat*as %EXTRA_JVM_ARGUMENTS% (apart from host and port in
jmx.properties file)

-Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote.access.file=C:\Progra~1\Java\jdk1.6.0_33\jre\lib\management\jmxremote.access

-Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote.password.file=C:\Progra~1\Java\jdk1.6.0_33\jre\lib\management\jmxremote.password
  -Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote.authenticate=true.

Interestingly even if I set
"-Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote.local.only=true" , it does not have any
effect and  I am able to connect remotely.
Any idea ?

Thank you
Sitara

Re: James 3.0 beta4 : Unable to JMX password for remote connection

Posted by Tze-Kei Lee <ch...@gmail.com>.
As james 3.0 using spring to start JMX server, you have to set these
properties through environments property of bean definition
ConnectorServerFactoryBean.
This article http://tedone.typepad.com/blog/2011/08/jmx-and-spring-part-1.html
shows how to set authentication for Sun's JMX

Best Regards

Tze-Kei

Posted by Eric Charles <er...@apache.org>.