Posted to dev@harmony.apache.org by "Zakharov, Vasily M" <va...@intel.com> on 2007/02/16 16:43:10 UTC

IBM VM reports 1.4.2 support instead of 1.5

For now, IBM VM reports in system properties

java.specification.version=1.4
java.version=1.4.2 subset

while the VM supports 1.5 pretty well.

As a result, for example, Netbeans fails to start many of its components
with the following diagnostic:
"The Java platform version 1.5 or higher was requested but only 1.4 is
running."

I wonder, if this could be fixed?

 Vasily

RE: IBM VM reports 1.4.2 support instead of 1.5

Posted by "Zakharov, Vasily M" <va...@intel.com>.
Thank you, Leo!

 Vasily

Posted by Leo Li <li...@gmail.com>.
Hi, Zakharov:

Posted by Leo Li <li...@gmail.com>.
Hi, Zakharov:

Posted by "Zakharov, Vasily M" <va...@intel.com>.
Thanks Tim!
This works ok for now.

 Vasily

> For now, IBM VM reports in system properties
>
> java.specification.version=1.4
> java.version=1.4.2 subset
>
> while the VM supports 1.5 pretty well.
>
> As a result, for example, Netbeans fails to start many of its
components
> with the following diagnostic:
> "The Java platform version 1.5 or higher was requested but only 1.4 is
> running."
>
> I wonder, if this could be fixed?

We can fix this in the next VME release.  In the meantime you can
workaround it using
 java -Djava.specification.version=1.5 -Djava.version=1.5 foobar

Regards,
Tim

Re: IBM VM reports 1.4.2 support instead of 1.5

Posted by Tim Ellison <t....@gmail.com>.