Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Niranjan Dash <ni...@persistent.co.in> on 2005/08/30 10:58:52 UTC

Automatic execution of JMeter scripts

Hi,

I joined today in this group; I hope this will be a great experience of
knowledge sharing...

Since a couple of weeks am using Jmeter for my company, but I'm least
experience in terms of using this tool. As currently I taking enough of help
from the Jakarta.Apache site, still I've some doubts while working with this
tool.

1- Can we use Jmeter itself for running multiple numbers of test plans
instead of using .bat files?

2- If ans to the above question is: NO, then instead of .bat files can we
use ANT for executing Jmeter scripts?

Can anyone help me??

:-) More to come....

Regards,

Niranjan Dash

Persistent Systems Pvt. Ltd.|Outsourced Software Product Development|

#402, "Bhageerath", Senapati Bapat Road, Pune, 411 016 |
*: +91 20 25702736 (Direct) | Fax: +91 20 25702702 |
<http://www.persistentsys.com> www.persistentsys.com

Re: Automatic execution of JMeter scripts

Posted by Peter Lin <wo...@gmail.com>.
On 8/30/05, Niranjan Dash <ni...@persistent.co.in> wrote:

> Hi,
>

> I joined today in this group; I hope this will be a great experience of
> knowledge sharing...
>
> Since a couple of weeks am using Jmeter for my company, but I'm least
> experience in terms of using this tool. As currently I taking enough of
> help
> from the Jakarta.Apache site, still I've some doubts while working with
> this
> tool.
>

> 1- Can we use Jmeter itself for running multiple numbers of test plans
> instead of using .bat files?

not sure what you mean. You can merge multiple test plans into 1 and run
them sequentially. the other option is to run in console mode and pass the
.jmx file.

hope that helps

peter

AW: Automatic execution of JMeter scripts

Posted by Christian Baumgartner <ch...@tiscover.com>.
Hi,

for your 2nd question you maybe want to have a look at this ;)

http://www.programmerplanet.org/ant-jmeter/

Christian

#402, "Bhageerath", Senapati Bapat Road, Pune, 411 016 |