Posted to dev@pig.apache.org by Adam Silberstein <ad...@trifacta.com> on 2013/02/22 21:10:14 UTC

ON_ERROR command

Hi,
I'm interested in custom-error handling in Pig.  I came across this wiki: http://wiki.apache.org/pig/PigErrorHandlingInScripts
which introduces an 'ON_ERROR' command.  But it is about 2 years old and I haven't seen anything like it appear in Pig.  Is there any work still going on along these lines and/or is there any interest?

Thanks,
Adam

Re: ON_ERROR command

Posted by Jonathan Coveney <jc...@gmail.com>.
To just add my enthusiasm for this idea to the ring, it would be awesome
for Pig. If you're interested in making an impact on a key tool in big
data, you'll find a lot of people will be keep to help you out in this
endeavor.

Re: ON_ERROR command

Posted by Dmitriy Ryaboy <dv...@gmail.com>.

Re: ON_ERROR command

Posted by Alan Gates <ga...@hortonworks.com>.
AFAIK no one has picked it up to work on it.  I still believe this would be a very valuable feature.  If you want to pick it up and drive it that would be really cool.

Alan.