Posted to dev@flex.apache.org by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com> on 2013/12/06 01:10:18 UTC

Apache Flex Trademark

Hi,

I'm trying to find out if Adobe Flex trademark have been transferred fully to Apache and was unable to find it on the USPTO site [1]. Has the trademark transfer process been finalised?

Can you advise us where we should be using the "tm" symbol or the "r" symbol (or both). Their use is probably inconsistant in the images on our front page. [2] eg "tm" in top left logo, "r" in one of the main images, and missing altogether in another.

Also while doing a quick search I noticed the following [2]. Probably not an issue but thought I'd bring it up just in case.

Thanks,
Justin

1. http://www.uspto.gov
2. http://flex.apache.org
3. http://tsdr.uspto.gov/#caseNumber=85100058

Re: Apache Flex Trademark

Posted by Shane Curcuru <as...@shanecurcuru.org>.
(note mixed private/public lists)

Yes, the ASF is the owner of the FLEX trademark for our Apache Flex
software product; Adobe kindly assigned the rights to this registered
trademark in the US and other countries to the ASF this past summer.
Although the USPTO has not yet processed the paperwork to show that
change of ownership in their records, it is in process, and that delay
does not affect the ASF's ownership of the mark.

The project should use the (R) symbol in the first and most prominent
uses of FLEX (as a name, not a logo) on any official pages on your
website.

The logo is a common law mark, and should use a (TM) symbol.

Thanks for bringing up the other matters, we're aware of that.

- Shane