Posted to dev@flex.apache.org by Angelo Anolin <an...@gmail.com> on 2013/01/21 18:40:15 UTC

Compiling MXMLs

Hi,

I haven't completely subscribed to the development of things so I need to
ask some few questions with regards to MXML compilations.

Previously (using Flex SDK 4.5), I compile my MXMLs like:

mxmlc -static-link-runtime-shared-libraries=false FILENAME.mxml
-output=\\MyOutputFolder -library-path+=MyComponent.swc

I just want to ask if what's the suggested way of compiling MXMLs through
the command line now?

I Just tried executing the above command line and I got the error:

Error: Unable to open '{playerglobalHome}/11.1/playerglobal.swc'

Current SDK I am using is

Version 4.90 Build 1425567

Appreciate your guidance.

Thank you.

Kind regards,

Angelo

Re: Compiling MXMLs

Posted by Jeffry Houser <je...@dot-com-it.com>.
That said; did you compile the SDK yourself or use the installer?

  If you compiled yourself, then be sure to read the release notes:
http://www.apache.org/dist/flex/4.9.0/README .  Pay specific attention
to the install prerequisites.  Did you download the playerGlobal.swc
from Adobe and put it in the proper directory? IF not; that is why it
cannot be found.

  Also, be sure to check our the Apache Flex users list (
http://flex.apache.org/mailing-lists.html ).  The Dev list is about the
development of the SDK; whereas the users list is intended as a place
where users of the SDK can go get help.

--
Jeffry Houser
Technical Entrepreneur

Re: Compiling MXMLs

Posted by Carol Frampton <cf...@adobe.com>.
You need to read the README.  You need to have some environment variables
defined.

Carol