Posted to users@sling.apache.org by Tony Giaccone <to...@giaccone.org> on 2010/06/09 17:12:56 UTC

Persistence manager

I'm trying to use Postgress as my persistence manager, and it can't seem to load the driver.

I have the jar file with the driver installed in the lib for the glass fish domain  where sling is running, but not as part of an OSGi bundle in sling.

Is this driver only going to load if I build an OSGI bundle and manage it that way?

Tony

Re: Persistence manager

Posted by Justin Edelson <ju...@justinedelson.com>.
The driver needs to be available within the OSGi framework. The most natural
way to do this is with a bundle that exports the driver package(s).

However, this can also be done by having the system bundle (i.e. Launchpad)
export the package(s) or by using boot delegation. See
http://sling.apache.org/site/configuration.html for how to set this up.

Incidentally, SpringSource does make OSGi bundle versions of the Postgres
driver available:
http://www.springsource.com/repository/app/search?query=postgres

Justin