Posted to common-commits@hadoop.apache.org by Apache Wiki <wi...@apache.org> on 2014/10/30 15:39:44 UTC

[Hadoop Wiki] Update of "HCFS/Progress" by JayVyas

Dear Wiki user,

You have subscribed to a wiki page or wiki category on "Hadoop Wiki" for change notification.

The "HCFS/Progress" page has been changed by JayVyas:
https://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/HCFS/Progress?action=diff&rev1=22&rev2=23

+ '''October 30, 2014 ''''''How to patch the HCFS tests.'''
+
+ Below, we've detailed how to add or update the semantics of a test.
+
+ Over time, however, we also need to maintain the HCFS tests.  Heres a quick way to confirm the behaviour of a test on hadoop trunk, in case you want to know that the test "actually works", before  you blame your hadoop connector :)
+
+ mvn test -Dtest=org.apache.hadoop.fs.contract.rawlocal.TestRawlocalContractAppend
+
+ The above line will test the TestRawLocalContractAppend case.  Since that test may or may not be skipped depending on your configuration, you may need to
+ temporarily comment out the skipIfUnsupported line in setup().
+
  '''September 2, 2014 ''''''How to update the HCFS contract and test classes as the FileSystem evolves.'''

  When we define new file system behaviours, its critical to update the contract documentation and tests.  However, its not particularly difficult to do this,