Posted to user@spark.apache.org by Prannoy <pr...@sigmoidanalytics.com> on 2015/03/12 08:32:45 UTC

Re: Unable to read files In Yarn Mode of Spark Streaming ?

Are the files already present in HDFS before you are starting your
application ?

Posted by Prannoy <pr...@sigmoidanalytics.com>.
You can put the files from any where it just the streaming application only
picks the file having a timestamp greater than the batch was started.

No you dont need to set any properties for this to work. This is the
default behaviour of the spark streaming.

Posted by Prannoy <pr...@sigmoidanalytics.com>.
Streaming takes only new files into consideration. Add the file after
starting the job.