Posted to dev@myfaces.apache.org by Andreas Berger <an...@googlemail.com> on 2006/10/31 16:10:26 UTC

XML-Schema for the Tags

Hello,

the spec for 1.2 says, that JSF implementations that are part of a
Java EE technology-compliant implementation are
required to validate the application resource file against the XML
schema for structural
correctness. So should we use XML-Schema for the Tag*.tld as well?
(html and core)
If so, we have to adjust the xslt to work with XML-Schema. Also all
include-entities have to be adjusted. And I think we have to rename
the *.tdl to *.xsl, isn't it?

cheers
Andreas

Re: XML-Schema for the Tags

Posted by Bruno Aranda <br...@gmail.com>.
Yes, we will use the schemas. I have been lately working in the
maven-faces-plugin that will allow us to autogenerate the
component/tags/tlds/config files from a set of XMLs describing the
components etc, the way Trinidad is doing it's build. So the xslt
transformation would not be needed anymore after we rewrite the XMLs.
Right at this moment, the generation of components for myfaces works
and I am dealing with the tag generation (I guess tomorrow I will have
it). Then we can start testing and writing the XMLs. You can check the
XML in the trinidad-build module of the trinidad project [2] to see
how the XMLs will look like.
The maven-faces-plugin is awesome and will help to ease the burden of
create and maintain the jsf components...

cheers,

Bruno

[1] http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/adffaces/branches/myfaces-1_2-maven-faces-plugin
[2] http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/adffaces/branches/faces-1_2/trinidad/trinidad-build