Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Claus Bitten <bi...@uni-koeln.de> on 2001/08/16 17:40:30 UTC

Problem with tomcat 3.2.1, apache 1.3.19 and mod_rewrite

Hi,

I have a problem with tomcat after switching from an jserv-based server to tomcat.
There were rewrite rules to do the following:

www.server.com/page rewriting to www.server.com/servlet/page
(instserting the "servlet" part and keeping the rest auf the URL. www.server.com ist the same webserver)
I switched the server to tomcat, and everything works fine except the rewriting.

I load mod_rewrite after mod_jk, and the rule is (simple but it was working)

RewriteRule ^/(.+) http://www.server.com/servlet/ .
I tried this with [R] and [PT].

Requqesting the first page (www.server.com) is correctly expanded to www.server.com/servlet.
But if afterwards an URL i.e from within  www.server.com/servlet/download is requestet, which has
an URL to www.server.com/download/content but is actually served from the servlet.
There is no rewriting and the page is not found.

The rules worked for an apache 1.3.14 with jserv 1.1.
(The server configuration is nearly the same, including virtual hosts etc.)
Has the URL-handling changed?

regards,
Claus Bitten