Posted to users@flex.apache.org by PKumar <pr...@gmail.com> on 2017/04/29 18:14:49 UTC

FlexJS : Issue

Hi,

I am trying to using the <js:Table> but getting the following error:

*This tag is unexpected. It will be ignored.
	<js:Table>*

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<js:Panel xmlns:fx="http://ns.adobe.com/mxml/2009"
		  title="Gallery View"
		  xmlns:js="library://ns.apache.org/flexjs/basic">
	<js:Table>
		<js:TableRow>
			<js:TableCell><js:Label text="Name:" /></js:TableCell>
			<js:TableCell></js:TableCell>
		</js:TableRow>
	</js:Table>
</js:Panel>

-----
Regards,
Prashant

Re: FlexJS : Issue

Posted by Josh Tynjala <jo...@gmail.com>.
If FLEX_HOME is not set, these tools will also check the PATH environment
variable for any directories that contain FlexJS executables, and they will
try to find the root SDK folder from there.

This behavior is documented for both tools:

In the installation instructions for the NextGenAS VSCode extension:
https://github.com/BowlerHatLLC/vscode-nextgenas/wiki/Install-the-NextGen-ActionScript-extension

In the README for asconfigc:
https://github.com/BowlerHatLLC/asconfigc

- Josh

Re: FlexJS : Issue

Re: FlexJS : Issue

Posted by Josh Tynjala <jo...@gmail.com>.
It sounds like asconfigc may have been defaulting to your FLEX_HOME
environment variable when compiling the project. If you're not careful, the
value that you set for FLEX_HOME isn't necessarily the same as the value
that you set for the nextgenas.sdk.editor setting in VSCode.

There are two good ways to avoid this conflict:

1) Let both asconfigc and VSCode fall back to the FLEX_HOME environment
variable. Don't set the --flexHome option for asconfigc and don't set the
nextgenas.sdk.editor setting in VSCode. Both will default to FLEX_HOME, if
it's set to a valid SDK.

2) Set the --flexHome option for asconfigc to the same value as the
nextgenas.sdk.editor setting.

Basically, either let both tools automatically detect the SDK from
FLEX_HOME or explicitly set the SDK in both tools.

- Josh

Re: FlexJS : Issue

Re: FlexJS : Issue

Posted by PKumar <pr...@gmail.com>.
Hi Josh,

I am using FlexJS nightly SDk  with Editor and FlexHome is set to flexJS
sdk070.

-----
Regards,
Prashant

Re: FlexJS : Issue

Posted by Josh Tynjala <jo...@gmail.com>.
Make sure that you're building with the same SDK that VSCode is using for
code hinting. It's possible to accidentally use different SDKs!

- Josh

Re: FlexJS : Issue

Posted by PKumar <pr...@gmail.com>.
I also downloaded via installer and uisng windows7 OS. I will download the
build again today and validate it. Thanks

Re: FlexJS : Issue

Re: FlexJS : Issue

Posted by PKumar <pr...@gmail.com>.
Even I m getting same issue for Group tag.

Re: FlexJS : Issue

Re: FlexJS : Issue

Posted by PKumar <pr...@gmail.com>.

Re: FlexJS : Issue

Re: FlexJS : Issue

Posted by PKumar <pr...@gmail.com>.
I have also restarted VCode but no luck. This seems that it is related to
VCode. nextGen extension.

-----
Regards,
Prashant

Re: FlexJS : Issue

Posted by Nemi <ne...@gmail.com>.
Did you try restart VSCode?
I think that is VSCode's issue or the NextGen Actionscript extension. For
simple example project, sometimes I got:
'js:valuesImpl' tag (or tag before this tag) is unclosed or tag not allowed
here.

After restart, no problem.