Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by ChingShen <ch...@gmail.com> on 2011/02/18 04:02:35 UTC

Which HBase version will be released and support Hadoop 0.21.x in the future?

Hi all,

   I have a question about that which HBase version will be released and
support Hadoop 0.21.x in the future? have any roadmap?

  Thanks.

Shen

Re: Which HBase version will be released and support Hadoop 0.21.x in the future?

Posted by Stack <st...@duboce.net>.
On Thu, Feb 17, 2011 at 7:02 PM, ChingShen <ch...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
>   I have a question about that which HBase version will be released and
> support Hadoop 0.21.x in the future? have any roadmap?

The intent is to have hbase detect and just run against multiple
versions of hadoop.  Hadoop 0.22 for sure.  Regards 0.21, hopefully
that just works because of changes made to make hbase run on 0.22.
We'll see.  I made an issue to track our running on 0.21: HBASE-3547.
I'd think our next major hbase version -- 0.92 -- will be out before
hadoop 0.22.  If that is the case, we should probably just do the work
to make it run against 0.21.
St.Ack