Posted to dev@netbeans.apache.org by Ernie Rael <er...@raelity.com> on 2020/11/01 16:20:46 UTC

Re: https://github.com/apache/netbeans/pull/2482

After requesting a /fast track/ PR, I reported back when the hopefully
last beta was released. Part of that report indicated issues I had with
the PR process; full context at the end, but to clarify my statement...

After a hold was put on the PR, and vigorous back and forth over /two
days/ mostly clarifying your inaccurate and misleading statements (which
did help me solidify a broader understanding of the issue) you said
"What I'm missing is an analysis what is the underlying the problem". So
I provided one, which you proceeded to ignore for /three//days/.

At this point it was clear that this was a /zero risk PR to a class that
NetBeans didn't use/.

You could have said something like "I don't like this and certainly not
for 12.1". Rather you ghosted and let the clock run out. I don't expect
anything from you, but some courtesy is appreciated; IMHO, acting
professionally is not about getting paid.

-ernie

===== full context =====

Posted by Matthias Bläsing <mb...@doppel-helix.eu>.
Hi,

Am Sonntag, den 01.11.2020, 08:20 -0800 schrieb Ernie Rael:
> You could have said something like "I don't like this and certainly not
> for 12.1". Rather you ghosted and let the clock run out. I don't expect
> anything from you, but some courtesy is appreciated; IMHO, acting
> professionally is not about getting paid.

I put serious time into this, if that is not enough for you, IMHO you
expect to much. I'm in no way required to reply in a fixed time frame
or even react at all. I will not let you force me to plan around your
requirements.

I added a final comment to the github PR, that suggests a potential fix
without touching API.

Matthias