Posted to user@ant.apache.org by de...@epiphany.com on 2001/05/14 07:42:52 UTC

JDK question

If I work on a project that needs JDK 1.3 or JDK X for that matter, does
this interfere with whatever java version Ant needs to be able to run. Could
I see problems with conflicting classpaths during compilation?

Thank you.

Re: JDK question

Posted by Conor MacNeill <co...@cortexebusiness.com.au>.
It is hard to know what may be going on without more information on what is
happening.:
Is the project you refer to an Ant project in the sense of a build file
element or something else?
What version of the JDK are being used?
What platform? (For example, sometimes you install a JDK on windows and you
end up with java.exe in winnt/system32 which means you may not be executing
the JDK you think you are).
What is the nature of the classpath conflict?

Ant should run on just about any JDK version. (I'm not in a position to
test all possible combinations)

Conor